Monday, May 10, 2010

SPRING PALMS... LATER MOM

Yeah, it was Mother's Day weekend - but when I was asked to go to Palm Springs for a min-break and stay the Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa, I packed my little bags, threw on my linen schmotta and slapped on the sun screen. (Don't worry, I was back in time to bring my Mom flowers and grab dinner with she and my Dad because of the LA-is-two-hours-from-anywhere rule).

^ We missed our initial exit off the hughway because we were hypnotized by these windmills along the highway. But it turns out our directions sucked and the next exist was even more direct.




TBP was featured in the Robert Altman film The Player. I can personally attest to the fabulousness of the hot mineral bath grotto (see below) - but we had a tough time keeping our giggles to a whisper (which is the motto of this serene and traquil house of spa) as we wrested with the floatation snakes and once we did get the right balance - managed to float into another unsuspecting guest. Tranquil, not so much. Slapstick, yes.


Because of the rules of privacy at TBP, where no electronic devices are allowed except in your rooms, I snuck these iPhone snapshots - but we had one celebrity sighting: Shia Whatshisname (the Transformers guy) and his mom at the delightful breakfast buffet.


All in all, a delightful mini-break.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a lovely time!!!

Mmmm...hot mineral bath!