Sunday, August 22, 2010

MILESTONE SUMMER CONTINUES...

Wow. "They" say that which does not kill you can only make you stronger... and another "they" said that God does not give you more than you can handle. Well, OK... guess I will heed those words from They.

The kitty in the foreground is Gracie Allen  - not named after George Burns' famous comedienne wife - but was named by the peeps that found her - their last name is Allen. Found in the garment district on the streets of downtown LA, pregnant and without a home, Gracie was being fed by employees of a rag house where my friends A &  E were shopping for material for their clothing business. Animal lovers, A & E took her home - had her checked out at their vet's and soon she gave birth in their house to 3 kittens. Knowing I was a sucker for cuteness, they had me over for brunch and I took home mama cat Gracie and one "girl" kitten I named Zuzu Bailey (the youngest daughter in It's a Wonderful Life). Turns out Zuzu was NOT a girl but I figured his name was not gender specific so he remains Zuzu.  The vet guessed at Gracie's age - she was a small cat so he figured her at about 18 mos to 2 years... so by that estimation she was approximately 15-16 years old. She was a loving, beautiful and brave little cat. She stood ready to tangle with the largest dogs that approached the front screen door while her son (twice her size) crawled under the couch.

Between my uncle, and of course, my father... it's been a summer of life-changing loss. Even if it is just the change of one less cat on my lap.  So if you are reading this, They, can you hold back the changes for a little while? Thanks!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

"they" say a lot, don't they?

The truth is, that's what "they" say when there really are no words...

the one thing to really say is that this is will be a hard time, and there is nothing to truly make it better until you are ready to become better and heal.

so take that time and heal...and I'll still send my prayers.

Sun Follower said...

thanks :)

literating said...

I'm so sorry for all your hard times. Hang in there, and I hope some good comes your way. If not, go eat some donuts, chinese food, tacos and burritos from the same restaurant. Now if only "they" would come up with that concept for real! Wait a minute ...

Diana Wagner said...

I'm so sorry - but they are always with you - we have charlie now but baloo is always around, on the trails, catching food from the table. I'm thinking of you all the time!