Thursday, September 16, 2010

SO LITTLE TIME....

Today, September 16, is my friend Barb's birthday. I can only hope she can get tacos and peach ice cream in Heaven.





If you have ever had the pleasure of having a cat for a pet you must have experienced that moment when they seem at peace with all the world and then suddenly turn their heads like they've just heard a blood-curdling scream - when you of course have heard nothing. Freaky.


<--- I like how the afternoon light comes in my kitchen when the weather JUST starts to turn autumn-y.  I took this picture on the one afternoon I had free... in a while. Working 4-days a week, caring for my mom for 2 1/2 and getting one afternoon to get organized for the next week is how it's been. The schedule is still changing, getting better (like my Mom - yay) but my little world is forever changing and changed. But despite the changes, I still miss my Dad. I miss Barb. I miss my other cat Gracie.

But... I look forward to Autumn.

2 comments:

Emily Maple said...

Mmmm...autumn.

Yes, there are unlimited tacos & ice cream in heaven, wherever or whatever that may be to each of us. Maybe it's like that movie "Defending Your Life" where you can eat whatever you want & not gain any weight.

My thoughts go out to you & your mom. Sending big hugs.

Unknown said...

I've missed reading your blog. It is so great and funny. Thank you for writing when the mood strikes - it's always good.

Congratulations on remembering the sweet while embracing the memories we are lucky enough to have enjoyed. My heart is with you for your father and Gracie. You are very strong.

I am falling in love with Zuzu - especially his grasp of tv trends.

xo (hug AND a kiss)